Rio Grande del Norte Anniversary / Service Projects in Pilar – March 24, 10am-2pm
Who: Rio Grande del Norte National Monument (RGDN) CoalitionWhat: RGDN 5th Annual Celebration Service ProjectWhere: Taos Junction Bridge, Group Shelter Orilla Verde Recreation Area, Rio Grande del Norte National Monument,Pilar, NM
When: March 24, 2018 From 10:00AM-2:00PM
We are looking for volunteers to help with service project work in collaboration with the Bureau of Land Management. Cake (Donated by BLM) and lunch (Donated by the RGDN Coalition) will be provided to all participants; including drinks.
Come Celebrate the 5th Annual Celebration of the Rio Grande del Norte National Monument which was designated on March 25, 2013. The RGDN Coalition will host a series of service projects in collaboration with the Bureau of Land Management, Taos Field Office-Orilla Verde Recreation Area. There will be an update on the latest information regarding the recent National Monument Review as it relates to the RGDNM.
The projects will include the following activities:
* Installing tree wraps with chicken wire and T-post around young cottonwoods near the Taos Junction Bridge, near the springs site close to Taos Junction Bridge and Lone Juniper campground. These have proven to be a good to combat the beaver’s taking out much needed natural shade in the campgrounds.
* Cleaning out around critical water drainage areas at the Taos Junction Bridge. This project will mostly involve brushing and cutting back over grown vegetation around the culverts.
* Brushing and cutting back over grown vegetation around the Taos Junction Bridge launch site and bathroom.
* Minor trail maintenance, tread repair and brushing (depending on the number of volunteers)
Volunteers please bring the following items:
* Work Gloves
* Long Sleeve Shirt and Pants
* Long Sleeve Shirt
* Sturdy Footwear
Orilla Verde Recreation Area, Pilar, NM
Rio Grande del Norte National Monument